CNY Aspies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
CNY Aspies

A forum for individuals (mostly in Central/Upstate NY) with Asperger's Syndrome to share stories, compare notes, and discuss living with our unique strengths and weaknesses.

You are not connected. Please login or register

First! (Lol@ youtube people or forum people who try so hard to get first post on things)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

IosefKoranison

So I saw Hissy talking with someone about how they're both Aspies and I was like omgyay because I sorta knew both of them. Hissy linked to this site and I am a part of a Yahoo group in my area for Asperger's but it's mostly for the parents to discuss being parents of kids with Autism or planning the get togethers for us Aspies. I don't really have a place that's just for us to "share stories, compare notes and discuss living with our unique strengths and weaknesses."

I live in Oregon but I still wanted to join. I like a lot of types of music, tv shows, books, videogames, etc. I hate introducing myself in this way because there's so much to tell and I don't know how to shorten it. But some of you probably already know what that's like.

I'm 22 years old, I have no job, I have my GED (Honors GED actually, take that High School! If I listened to you I'd think I was a failure!), I recently got a cat and I love her to death <3 and I mostly spend all day on the coomputer. XD

http://Probably Gaiaonline. I don't have my own website. (I'm Io

Rauhiss [Admin]

Admin

Heya' Iosef, glad you decided to swing by!

Our little group started out as parents meetings, but then my mother brought me along to one because I hadn't been out of the house for a couple weeks. From there it was decided "Hey, we should have a meeting that's just for the Aspies while the parents talk about what picky eaters they were as children in the other room!"
Meeting with others in person is a heck of an experience, seeing how different everyone is that falls under the same label, and finding people who have so much in common, all at the same time, and the same people. I'd definitely recommend it if you get the chance.
Be sure to bring snacks though, the meetings always go better when there's snacks. The whole atmosphere gets so much friendlier, less like a "support group" and more like "hanging out with your pals".

I wasn't quite sure what all to put into my intro either, but as discussions get going and conversations flow the way they do, it gets easier.

Cats and computers are both great. A living creature who loves you just the way you are, and a way to communicate with the outside world, even on those days when you can't even be bothered to haul yourself out of bed. I think I'd have gone crazy(er) long ago if I didn't have them.

https://cnyaspies.board-directory.net

IosefKoranison

Yes! Me too!

Yeah, the group I'm part of has like teen club meetings and game club meetings. There's adults and kids and teens with Asperger's. Sometimes someone has a thing at their house. It is a lot of fun to hang out with other Aspies or people with Autism. Though sometimes it weirds me out 'cause I'm so used to dealing with neurotypical people. XD

SNACKS! YUM! Pizza, chips, munchies food, burgers. Mmm...

I've never had a pet until I got Mystyck (her previous owner named her that but it's a cool name. And she has the Triforce on her face!!) Without the computer I would have gone crazy(er) too. XD

http://Probably Gaiaonline. I don't have my own website. (I'm Io

Rauhiss [Admin]

Admin

Ah, our meetings are in an old church, so it's a bit of a more formal environment.

Bringing snacks is never not a good idea.

Oh, sounds adorable. I hope your new friend stays with you for years to come.

https://cnyaspies.board-directory.net

Aluzander

Aluzander

...I have to see this cat.
Badly. Seriously, I'm curious now. xD

Nice to finally meet you, Iosef. I've seen you around here and there, never really spoken to you though.

Myself, as far as I know there is not support group whatsoever for my area. The closest one is hours away, so I've only ever had the support of my choice two friends to keep me going. Surprised I haven't slipped into dementia yet. :3

I hope you save this URL and stick with us for a good long while!

Last edited by Aluzander on Sat Sep 17, 2011 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Removed quote to conserve space.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]